First of all, congratulations on your new restaurant. Now that all of the hardwork in getting the place up and ready for customers is done, you look forward to the real challenge- building a loyal customer base.
Getting your restaurant noticed and luring in new customers with rave reviews is the best way to make your mark in this highly competitive industry (trust us, we have worked with over 180 restaurants).
One of the most popular go-to solution is to create a Yelp business page for restaurants. Yelp provides nearby recommendations while people are searching for restaurants, just like an online yellow page listing.
You’ll not be surprised to know that 90+ million people visit Yelp every month to search for restaurants. Imagining what being listed on Yelp can do for your business? Let us put things a bit more into perspective for you-
Yelp has over 32 million unique monthly users (Q3-2020 average) primarily in the age group of 35-54 with an income of more than $100K a year.
Everything, from restaurants to other local businesses such as salons, boutiques, dentists, etc.
According to Yelp for Business, 97% people make a purchase at a business they found on Yelp within a week.
Creating a Yelp business page for a restaurant is quite easy. You can create a new business page up to 1 month before your opening date but we recommend you to create a Yelp listing when you open for business.
1. Go to Yelp for Business and click on ‘Manage my free listing’.
2. Find your restaurant by typing in your zip code and business name. If your restaurant shows up in the dropdown list of suggestions, claim the listing. In case your restaurant is not listed on Yelp, click on ‘Add Now’ and you’ll be directed to the next page to fill in your business details.
3. Add your restaurant’s information such as business category, business phone number, website, street address, and email address to start setting up your free Yelp account.
4. You will then receive an email asking for account confirmation. Once you confirm by following the steps listed in the email, you are all set up.
Managing your Yelp restaurant listing is quite simple with its user-friendly interface and tools. You can manage your restaurant page on your Yelp for Business mobile app or from your desktop.
1. You can add amazing pictures of dishes, drinks, patio, storefront, interior, etc. to give people a rich visual experience.
2. You can update your page with relevant business information such as your opening hours, specialities, etc.
3. You can monitor customer reviews and even respond to them. You can welcome new customers, address grievances, see when customers call your business via Yelp, view your Yelp listing, and much more.